Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sneak Peek: The McKelvey Family

I love this little family!  I have been lucky enough to take pictures of this family every six months for the last two years.  It has been such a joy to watch little Aidan grow up.  He is all boy and loves to run around (which can make for difficult pictures sometimes).  He is getting so chatty and smart and it was fun to hear him jabbering throughout our session.


18 months to 2 years old is the hardest time to get pictures (in my opinion).  The kids are on the go and don't want to stop and smile.  They are also hard to reason with and don't quite understand the concept of bribery.  Even though it is a hard age, if you follow them around long enough and have a few tricks up your sleeves you can still get some great shots....so don't shy away from having pictures done at this age.  You might not get as many "posed shots", but it is fun to have record of how busy they were and all of the cute and funny expressions they make.
Note: This is why I take so many pictures during a young family session.  Someone is always making a funny face, blinking or in this case making the "word up" sign.  Taking 3-4 shots ensures that I indeed get the "money shot".

Becky has also been one of my biggest cheerleaders and advocates.  She is always recommending me to her family and friends and she has really helped me grow my business.  So THANK YOU Becky!  I really appreciate all you have done for LiLo!  I can't wait to continue to watch Aidan grown and perhaps maybe someday meet even more little McKelveys.

For more pictures of this amazing family visit my website or my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment