Sunday, November 17, 2013

Attitude of Gratitude (and a Sneak Peek)

I have been looking forward to writing this blog post for awhile now.

I am grateful for the Concilio Family.  They are awesome.  I have known them now for about 6 years but I have come to appreciate and love them even more in the last 6 months.  A few months ago, I was looking for a running partner.  Someone to help keep me accountable and get my crack out of the sack in the mornings to get some exercise done.  I mentioned it to Erica and she was excited about it.  So about 6 months ago we started meeting at 6 am and walking/running (okay mostly walking, but we walk pretty fast).  It is so nice to have someone to share struggles, triumphs and swap stories.  We encourage each other, let one another vent and give helpful advise to each other.  Everyone needs a walking partner.  Some weeks we walk 3 times together, some weeks we only meet once (or not at all) but more often than not, if you are in our neck of the woods around 6 am, you will see us plugging along.   I may not like getting out of bed at 5:45 in the morning, but I do look forward to our time together.

A few weeks ago while we were walking Erica challenged my thinking.  I was lamenting about how "busy" I was.  She explained how she had been challenged not to use the word "busy".  Whenever someone would ask how she was doing and she used the word "busy" it wasn't kind to the person she was talking to.  It was almost as if she was saying she was too busy for them.  GUILTY.  So often in the last few months when someone would ask me how I was doing, I would say "busy".  She was right.  We are all busy.  But it is almost a state of mind.  The last few weeks (even though I have never been more busy) I have tried not to tell people how busy I am.  I am so blessed to have so many things and to have such a full life.  It has changed my whole view.  By forcing myself not to tell everyone how "busy" my life it, it feels a little less overwhelming.  And hopefully, the people I am talking to feel important and that I am not too busy for them.  It has been a challenge and I have had to re-prioritize my thinking and my schedule.  It has forced me to say yes to people a little more and make them feel like a priority and not a burden!  So thanks Erica!

Not only is Erica amazing, but her kids are darling.


Her husband is also pretty cool and does a lot for our church, which we really appreciate!

 Erica is also pretty inspiring because she chose to turn down a "safe" corporate job so that she can stay home with her kids and grow her home business of Arbonne.  What a leap of faith!  This also means that I have a personal Arbonne consultant.  And the best part....I got some Arbonne products that I was out of in return for family pictures.  I love a good barter.  If you are interested in a barter for your family pictures, just ask!  And if you need some wonderful facial (and other) products, then contact Erica.  She will hook you up with a party (and probably some free products for hosting).
Thanks for your love, friendship and service Concilios!  For more pictures of this family, visit my website or my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment