Monday, November 11, 2013

Sneak Peek: The Bane Family

I love when I get to work with family members.  This one might be a bit of a stretch, but they are family nonetheless.  Troy is my brother-in-law's step brother.  How is that for crystal clear?

No matter.  They are a great family and I have know them for a long time.  I can't believe that their oldest is getting married in January.  Feeling old.  Sally got a hold of me and asked me to do one last family shoot before they add a new son in law.  I was happy to oblige.  After we figured out a date (much trickier when you have teenagers who are working and have their own lives and schedules) we headed out to one of Troy's coworker's house.  As I was driving toward the property I thought I had died and gone to photographer heaven.  Picture long dirt driveway with huge, beautiful, trees with leaves bursting with color.  The rest of the property was full of old tools, sheds, fences and tons of other interesting places to shoot.  The only downfall was that it is private property and I can't shoot there again unless I get to know the owner!

We almost had to cancel because it was really cold and misting most of the afternoon.  But, with the difficulty of getting everyone's schedule to mesh, we kept our session time.  It was meant to be.  The lighting was perfect and the rain/mist stopped just long enough for us to get these pictures done.  As soon as we were done and I got back in the car the rain started up again.  We couldn't have timed it better!

I am so used to young families with little kids that I have to entertain with a song and dance (literally sometimes) to get them to laugh and smile.  It was nice to have a family with older kids.  They were very happy to oblige and look at my camera and smile.  Easy peasy and relatively painless.  After we were done Sally remarked that it was easy and FUN!  What a great compliment as that is my goal:  Fun and easy family pictures.

This session made Sally so happy.  Men, take note.  Want to make your wife really happy?  Schedule a family portrait session.  They will be so happy and thankful that you are thoughtful and on board with getting pictures done (instead of dragging your feet and showing your dislike of having your picture taken).



Enjoy your last few months as a family of 5 Banes!  It is a pleasure to know you and be related (however distantly) to you.

For more pictures of this family and others visit my website or Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment