Monday, November 4, 2013

Attitude of Gratitude: Day 3

Boys.  All I could imagine when I was a little girl was growing up, getting married and having several little girls of my own.  I wanted girls.  God knew better.  Don't you just love how God knows what you need and what you can handle?  I'm not going to lie....at our ultra sound when we found out we were having a boy I was a little disappointed.  I thought for sure it was a girl.  Then with Tanner we didn't know what we were having until he was born.  Let's just say we only had girl names picked out and we had to go through a baby naming book in the hospital.  By the time it came time for #3 I had settled into the boy world.  And I was loving it.  So when we found out we were having a third boy, I was thrilled.  I surprised even myself.  I thought I would be sad that I wasn't going to have a little girl.  But I wasn't.  I was so happy to meet my newest little man.  My only worry was that #3 would look exactly like me when the other two looked EXACTLY like their dad.  I could only imagine the therapy he would have to go through.  "I am the third boy in the family and I look just like my mom".  That'll show me not to worry.  Just when I thought our children couldn't look anymore like Chris, out pops Jameson.   Spitting image.

Boys are perfect for me.  They are low drama, they are loving and sweet.  They are rough and tumble.  They are stinky and gross.  They don't get their feelings hurt very easily and are quick to get over it when they do.  I was made to have boys and I didn't even know it.  I am thankful to have nieces that I can paint nails, go shopping with and watch wedding shows with, but I love watching Star Wars with my boys almost as much!

So today I am thankful that God knew me even better than I knew myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment