Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sneak Peek: Carlson Family

I did pictures of this family 2 years ago.  It is so fun to have repeat customers and see how much the little kiddos grow in 2 years.

Sara lost her dad in May of this year and wondered if I could come out to Franktown to her childhood home to do pictures before they sell it.  Way to tug at the heart strings!  Of course I drove out to Franktown.  It was a beautiful drive and when I pulled up there was a huge herd of deer on their property.  Of course we had to watch for deer droppings as we walked around doing pictures, but that's what you get with 10 acres in Franktown.

You can tell that kids love this place.  They had a great time running around and playing at Mimi's house!  I can see why Sara is sad that she is selling it.  I will be so sad the day my parents sell our childhood home.






The other cool "prop" we used was the old red truck.  Sara's dad bought the truck near the end of his life and was only able to drive it once before he passed away.  Shawn was a little nervous that the truck wouldn't start (it hadn't been driven since June).  He said it didn't even turn over until Cameron hopped in.  Then it started right up.  It just need a grandson in the front seat.

Just at the end of our time together, I asked if Mimi wanted a few pictures in the truck.  She teared up a bit (which made me tear up a little bit) and said "I would really like that".  So she hopped in the cab of her man's truck and I snapped a few pictures.  I gotta be honest.  This picture is one of my favorite of all time.  Perhaps I am still feeling a bit misty about the whole thing, but I love the way she looks in this truck and the feeling of the story behind the truck.  Isn't that a lot of what makes a good picture?  The story?


Here are a few others of her with the old red truck.

While we were taking pictures she was taunting us saying that she was about to go in and make home made biscuits dripping with butter.  I am not going to lie.  I was really tempted to cancel my next photo shoot and stick around for that.  There is nothing like a southern woman's home made biscuits.

Sara and Shawn, it was so fun to take a glimpse into your life and capture some beautiful memories for your family.

For more pictures of this family and others, visit my website or my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment