Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Isn't Life Grand?

I love grandparents.  I am pretty sure that they are one of the best gifts that God has given on this earth.  I always enjoyed spending time with my grandparents but they lived in Washington and I didn't get to see them very often.

My kids, however, are SO lucky.  All of their grandparents live within 5 miles and LOVE to spend time with them.  Even as I am writing this, my dad is teaching my 11 year old how to rewire an electrical outlet in our kitchen remodel (or he was this afternoon when I STARTED writing this).  It is so fun to hear them together.  Last weekend, my awesome mother-in-law took the kids overnight to a hotel and then to Bass Pro Shop.  They loved every minute.  My mom is the queen of games and every time the kids are over there are games, crafts or some other fun project to work on.  

A few weeks ago, one of my former brides contacted me.  She wanted to surprise her mom with a photo session for her birthday.  Her mom was flying into to town to watch Gavin for the weekend while they went away and she thought it would be fun to do a Grandparent session.  I LOVED the idea and we made it happen.  I had so much fun with these three.  They are silly and fun and it is obvious that they love to spend time with their grandson.
 Oh Gavin...you are such a sweetheart (not to mention a lady-killer)!
And then there is Lisa and Terri.  I love taking pictures of couples that have been together for a long time.  It makes my heart sing.
 

Thanks Katie!  What a fun idea.  I hope it catches on and other people want to do "Grand" Sessions.  It was a blast and I am sure these pictures will be cherished.

To see the whole gallery click here.

For even more pictures LIKE my Facebook page or visit my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment