Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Too Many Balls in the Air

Sorry for my absence.  I have totally become the blogger that I used to get annoyed with.  I have a few blogs that I follow and I get mad when they go for more than a week with no posts.  I want to hear what they have to say.  So for those who have been annoyed that I haven't been blogging, I am sorry.  For the rest of you, I'm just glad you are sticking with me.

Things have been a little hectic around my house.  I am just constantly overwhelmed.  I keep telling myself, why I am so overwhelmed?  Then I start thinking about it......I am a wife, mother, photographer, substitute teacher, tutor, room mom, women's ministry servant, worship team member, house cleaner, cook...you get the picture.  I have too many balls in the air.  I am not complaining.  I love my life, but right now it seems a bit daunting.  I wake up with a huge to-do list, work constantly throughout the day and end up with a to-do list that is just a long.  A little frustrating.  

So instead of working on the to-do list, I am blogging.  Good use of my time?  I think so.  It is a good way to vent, let loose (and cross one thing off my list).

What else have we been up to?  Saturday we went to the cabin for a work day.  It was so fun.  The Burge family joined with my sister and her family and my parents for a SUPER productive day up there.  It was one of those rare days that went by at a nice slow pace.  Not the kind that is annoyingly slow, but one where you look at your watch swearing it must be lunch time and it is only 10:30.  It was so much fun to enjoy the beautiful mountains, let the kids play outside with their cousins and friends, and get some much needed things done at the cabin.  Julie, my dad and Stephen rocked the wood pile and totally demolished it.

Just one of the three wood piles we made on Saturday

Now we have plenty of wood for both wood stoves and plenty of kindling.  They worked so hard!  Jessica and I primed and painted the hand-made entertainment center for the bunkhouse.  Time consuming, but it looks so nice now and makes it look that much more finished in there.  Chris installed 6 surround speakers in the bunkhouse.  He set us up!  My mom had the lame, but really important job of getting sheets washed, lunch made, kids watched, floors swept, etc.    All of that happened before 4 pm on Saturday. 

Sunday was full of church, baseball tryouts, family pictures (for us), a photo shoot for me and then some family hang out time.  Are you tired?  I was.  I needed a weekend from my weekend.  The last two days has been editing pictures, working on Halloween costumes, tutoring, swim lessons, so on, so on.

I am entering a new era in life.  It is just busy, busy, busy.  When the kids were little, they required constant attention and care.  Now they require constant food, driving, homework help, school activities, and keeping their little lives going.  Different kind of constant attention.  They can dress themselves and feed themselves, but man....they are still high maintenance.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.  It is a new phase of life, but I am loving it.

Do I miss these days?


Yes, yes I do.  So Lauren, treasure your time with little Braylon, but look forward to all of the stages of their lives.  They are so fun when they can interact with you and tell you knock-knock jokes (even if they don't really make sense).

Want to see more pictures of little Braylon and the Lucas family?  Head over to my facebook page at LiLo Photography.

I already feel better and that my load is a little lighter.  Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment