Sunday, October 9, 2011

Shooting Jameson

Don't you love that title?  Did it scare you?  As a photographer, you use a different language.  People often give me crazy looks when I say things like "I have to go shoot a newborn".  Then I have to say, "I mean take pictures of a newborn" and that clears it up.  It is just funny sounding.

Yesterday, I had a photo shoot with Jameson.  Note to self:  photographers should not take pictures of their own children for professional reasons.  I tend to get a little cranky and I find  myself yelling at them, which isn't good for anyone.

Since becoming a photographer,  I haven't had any professional pictures taken of my kids.  That is bad.  I am hoping to have a friend and fellow photographer take some family pictures for us.  We have a picture wall of pictures going up the stairs in our house with all of the yearly professional pictures.  Guess what?  It hasn't been updated for while.  Cute little Jameson will be one year old forever on the picture wall.

Hence the reason for the aforementioned (I love using that word) photoshoot.  It actually went pretty well.  If I can keep the shooting (hee hee) to 15-20 minutes, he does pretty well.  Tell me what you think.  I think he is a pretty cute boy and makes my job as a photographer pretty easy.  Don't let the cute smile and darling blue eyes fool you.......he can still be a pistol.  But he is a pretty cute little pistol.

This is what he did when I said "smile".
Stinker!

Don't you love this hand chair?  Got it for $7 at a used sale at the preschool.

You want me to do what?

Oh, like this?

I'm a sucker for cowboy boots

Are we done yet?

Got the one I wanted!
I hope you have fun shooting photographing your kids as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment