Friday, December 1, 2017

The Ellison-Lodge Family- New York City Family Pictures

Can you say dream come true?? I have always wanted to do a photo shoot in New York City so when we visited last month that dream came true!  



We stayed with Gavin, Todd and their kids for the weekend so I convinced them that we needed to do some family pictures.  My husband and Gavin have been friends since jr. high and therefore I have known him for over 20 years.  To know him, is to love him!  



I have been lucky enough to have photographed both of these kids when they were babies but that was a long time ago and now I can't believe how much they have grown up!  It was so much fun to spend a few days getting to know the kids a bit better so when we did our session they were comfortable with me.





Poor little Colton fell and bumped his nose (on my watch......bad Lisa) the second day we were there.  Then he got a little fever on the day of the session so he was a bit more serious than usual but it made for some really cute serious shots.  And a lot of photoshopping for me.  #facepalm #ibroughitonmyself




This little family is so cute!  And seriously some of the best, kind-hearted and talented people you will ever meet.  Good-looking doesn't hurt either.  




You can see Gavin on the most recent season of the Blacklist (season 5, episode 4) and you can hear Todd's musical stylings as the Musical Director of American in Paris (and about a million other Broadway shows).  Gavin has also designed a diaper bag and you can find it at Barneys!  We did a little product photography for EC Knox (Gavin's bag brand-www.ecknox.com) and you can see Todd modeling the bag.  Check out the bag here.



They also have really cute (and sweet) kids.  I came home with several hand-drawn pictures, one of which said "I love you Lisa".  Heart melted.



I think Ellison has a future in modeling.  Are you kidding me?



They live in the MOST charming part of New York City (in SoHo).  It is quaint and has amazing restaurants, bars, coffee shops and even cobblestone streets.  So naturally we had to do some of the pictures there.



 This is what having kids really looks like.



It was a Tuesday morning so luckily there wasn't much traffic to deal with and it made for great pictures!  Taxi!


I think this one might be one of my favorites.  Total New Yorkers!!

They are so well loved.








Thanks for indulging me the photo shoot guys!  I loved spending the weekend with you guys and your kids are sweet and confident and so very well behaved!



 We love you and can't wait for our next trip to NYC!



For more photos follow me on Instagram (@lilo_photography), Facebook (LiLo Photograpy) or visit www.photolilo.com.

2 comments: