Friday, December 15, 2017

Fall Mini Sessions- Colorado Family Photographer

My busy season is coming to a close and I am enjoying having a little extra time to get caught up and finish all of the things I started earlier this year.  For the first time this year I offered fall mini sessions and they were a huge success!  I got to meet some new clients and I also got to catch up with some old clients.  It was a blessing on both sides!

And my sweet assistant Maddie took this behind the scenes picture of my in my element.  I love this photo because it shows me doing what I love (holding babies and taking photos).   



I didn't have time to blog all of the mini sessions at the time so here are the highlights.

I only did a few sessions on Saturday.  We went to Ketring park, which was a first for me.  I was so excited about it.  Until I got there and there was a craft fair going on and there were hundreds of people in the park (facepalm).  However, on the back side of the park there was a gorgeous area with beautiful trees and amazing lighting.  So I totally redeemed myself!

How cute is this family??  The Havekosts.  They were the sweetest and SO incredibly photogenic.  The only downfall is that mini sessions are short and I would have loved spending more time getting to know them!  This lighting though....to die for!




Thankfully, the Bartons and the Havekosts are good friends and so Ashleigh was able to tell Nicole where to park and where we were shooting so they didn't get lost in the craft fair crowd.  I hit the jackpot on both of these families!  Nicole and Scott walked up with their family and I just about swooned!  They were perfectly dressed and these 4 kids were ROCKSTARS!!!  They were so happy and well behaved and I was able to get so many combinations even though we only had 20 minutes.  The Barton Family.




Sunday was a much more popular day for photos. Probably because there wasn't a Bronco game and there aren't as many sporting events to work around.  Sunday we did the photos at Stonehouse Park.  Another of my favorite spots.  There are so many great places to shoot there so I never get bored!

The Eusers.
These guys are LiLo professionals!  This is our 3rd shoot over the last 5 years and I am so thankful!  Quinn was only 6 months old at our first session.  I love this little family!  They are so sweet and we had a great time catching up.





The Allsman Family.
Another new LiLo family.  And oh. my. goodness.  Isn't little Willa the cutest?  And I LOVE the name Willa.  She is the little sweetie I am holding in the behind the scenes photo.  You can see the cool photo of Brandon and Kathleen while I was holding Willa.  It is one of my favorites from Sunday.  




I was so thankful to hear from Brenda and that they wanted to do a mini session.  I haven't seen them for a few years and it was great to catch up!  There session from a few years ago was one of my favorites and this year was the same.  Probably because they are so relaxed, carefree and make me laugh!!  Look how beautiful these girls are growing up to be!
The Kuiphoff Family.




The Parks Family.
This is another LiLo repeat.  I haven't seen them in a few years but they have been so gracious in referring people to me and I even got to do the whole first year pictures of their sweet niece!  They are like the 3 musketeers and I loved catching up with them a bit.  Again, I was so sad that we didn't have more time together and I can't believe how much little Josie has grown.  And just take a peek at their matching mother/daughter shoes.




The Laverty Family.
Another LiLo repeat.  When I first met this family, Ellie had just turned one.  These boys are so sweet with their sister and I LOVED catching up with them a bit.  Aren't they just the cutest family?  And fun fact....Tiffany and I went to high school today (she looks exactly the same-not fair).  Back in the good ol' days!




The Schuchman Girls.
Emilee is amazing. She told all of her friends all about me and I got to meet some of her best friends because they booked with me too.  Thanks Emilee!!!  I also loved that she brought her own blanket because she wanted the pictures to match her house.  I LOVE that!  Way to plan ahead Emilee.  I am so thankful I got to catch up with you and your beautiful and happy girls.




And last, but certainly not least is this adorable family!
I have loved getting to know them over the last year and this session did not disappoint.  We only had a minor setback when Connor bumped his chin but he recovered well and he was completely fine (good thing his parents are doctors!).





One of the things that has held me back from doing mini sessions was I was afraid all of the pictures would look the same.  But I was so happy in the fact that even though we shot in the same exact spot for many of the sessions, they look very different.  I was also worried that we wouldn't have enough time to get all of the pictures done.  But with having Maddie around to help me and by staying in the same spots with minimal movement we were able to get a lot of pictures at each session.  So I will definitely be doing more mini sessions in the future.  In fact, I have it in mind do some spring mini sessions and maybe even some mother/child mini sessions or cousin mini sessions around Mother's day.  What do you think??  Let me know if you want me to put you on the email list for upcoming mini sessions.



Thank you to all of you who came out for mini sessions this year and for those of you who recommended your friends to me!  I really appreciate it.

For more photos follow me on Instagram (@lilo_photography), Facebook (LiLo Photography) or visit www.photolilo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment