Monday, September 5, 2016

Walker- Littleton Senior Pictures

One of the things I like best about my job is the ability for creativity and even though I often shoot at the same locations, I try really hard to make the sessions unique.  Walker was no different.  I did pictures for his friend Cade a few weeks before and we even did the same location, but the pictures are very different.




When I was chatting with Walker and his mom, they were telling me that a bunch of girls from his school all went to the same big expensive studio and they all have the EXACT same picture, in the same field, sitting in the exact same purple chair.  And they paid a small fortune for that formulaic session.  Is that really what you want?  To pay a fortune to have your pictures look exactly like 5 of your friends.  Don't you want something a little more unique and personal?  Sorry.  Rant over.




Back to Walker.  He had a vision for his basketball pictures and I think we nailed it!  This pedestrian/bike tunnel made the perfect backdrop for some dramatic basketball shots.  





I have loved having all of these tall, handsome basketball players this year!



I think these pictures look like Kansas with the dark skies behind him.




I was a little nervous that we weren't going to get this session in as it was threatening to rain and even looked a bit like tornado weather!  But the rain held off until the very end.  And even then, Walker didn't  seem to mind. 



We finished just in the nick of time as it was POURING rain on the way back to the car.  Thankfully we brought some umbrellas in anticipation of the rain.  I am so thankful we got all of our pictures before the downpour.  Thanks for trusting me and going with the session even with the threat of rain.



Good luck in your senior year Walker!  I hope it is amazing.


For more pictures visit my website or my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment