Friday, June 14, 2013

Pinterest Challenge: Day Four

Today's Challenge came from my board "Just for Me".  I am pretty sure that I am not alone in the fact that I have been trying to lose a few pounds and slim down a little bit.  For me it is not about the number on the scale.  It is more about the muffin top that hangs out above my tight pants/shorts.  I HATE the feeling that my clothes are too tight!  So, I am trying really hard to watch what I am eating (and faithfully logging my calories in the "My Fitness Pal" app on my phone).

I have also been running/walking with my friend Erica for the last month (and tracking my calories burned on my app "map my run").  It is painful to get out of bed at 6 am three times a week in the summer time, but it is so worth it.  It is so nice to have an accountability partner and someone meeting me so that I make sure I get my crack out of the sack in the morning.  If you want to really get motivated to start exercising, you should get a workout buddy.  Plus you have someone to share parenting/marital struggles/joys with, discuss life's greatest questions, or just tell funny stories to!  I love my M/W/F's with you E!

Last night I went to a special prescreening of Superman with my Superman and my 3 Supermen in training.  I knew I wanted to have some popcorn at the movies, so I needed to have a "light" dinner.  I went to my handy dandy Pinterest board and found a recipe that I have been wanting to try.
 
So I mixed up a green smoothie for the Hubs and I.  I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but here is what I put in it.

Several handfuls of spinach, a banana, an apple (with skin but no core), some chia seeds, blueberries, about a cup of plain greek yogurt, and a little Sunny D (we didn't have any OJ).  I did as someone suggested and blended the spinach and liquid first until they were smooth and then I added the rest of the ingredients.  As you can see I wasn't very precise in my measurements.  The only thing I would change is that I would have blended it longer.  It was a little chunky.  I kind of liked that I could kind of chew it, that way it made it feel more like a meal than just a drink.

It made enough for each of us to have about 12 oz.  The Hubs downed his in about a minute (he has a gift for gulping things down) but it took me about 20 minutes to get the entire thing down.  It was pretty good.  Next time I would leave out the banana because that is just about all you can taste.  I like bananas but I didn't want the whole thing to taste like that.

I also forgot to take a picture of it with my "big camera" before we hurried out the door for the movie, so I had to resort to an iphone picture.



 Looks like runny guacamole, right?  Oh well, I still got a picture!

Here are my supermen getting ready to walk into the movie.





This last picture is an update from my Pinterest Challenge: Day Three.  It even worked with my iphone!  The kids love doing it!



Happy Friday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment