Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Fredricy Family- Denver Family Photographer

I love meeting new families and getting to capture a special time in their lives.  This family was no exception.  Their little Sullivan (who for some reason I really wanted to call Scooter) is such a sweetie and kind of reminded me of my oldest when he was one.  Sullivan recently got a little curl on top of his head that made him look just like Tin-Tin.  Darling.
 When I pulled up to the park to do this session there was a wedding going on.  It was a down-home country/biker bar (seriously, I am not kidding when I use the term biker bar) type wedding.  I kept looking around for a couple with a little one year old boy and I was relieved when Catie and Andrew showed up.  The rest of the crowd was a little rough around the edges and were squeezed into some interesting outfits (note: I am not discriminating against Bikers....they are wonderful people, but they sometimes have interesting clothing choices).  This family couldn't be cuter and I breathed a huge sigh of relief.....because beautiful people make for beautiful pictures, right?  These guys definitely fit the bill and I couldn't wait to get started.

They did not disappoint and these pictures are some of my favorite to date!  Their love for each other and for their son was hugely evident.  These pictures of them hanging out on the quilt are some of my favorite.  Sullivan wasn't into his big smiles yet, but they are still super cute.
 When Catie and Sullivan were on the blanket together...it was like magic!
Another Fav!
 Daddy and Sullivan time was pretty sweet too!
Catie and Andrew also brought some of Sullivan's toys to help with our session.  I love that!  It makes it so much more personal and Sullivan had fun playing with his toys so I got some genuine smiles!  The two bottom teeth stage is my absolute favorite.
These two.
Sullivan liked to play the game "crawl toward the photographer and try to get her".  Made for great smiles.  He loved it.  It was so much fun to play with him!
 But learning to walk is his new trick.  How many hours do we, as parents, spend walking around like this?  My back is still suffering from doing this with three boys.
I didn't even really plan this shot, but I LOVE the way it turned out.  It was a last minute "let's get a few more of Sullivan while he is happily crawling".
And the last shot I took....can you feel the love?
Catie and Andrew, thanks for sharing your family me with me.  I loved getting to know you and your sweet little guy.  

For more pictures visit my website or Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment