Monday, August 11, 2014

Amanda and Nathan

I used to dread photographing weddings.  It is a lot of pressure!  However, I am gaining more confidence and now I am finding that I LOVE it and I want more!

This was my second wedding of the summer (stay tuned later for the first wedding-I realize that it is backwards).  The bride is the niece of a good friend of mine.  Amanda lives out of state so I mostly dealt with her mom, and she is wonderful.  They just have an All Around Awesome family.  Amanda is pretty quiet but it was fun to see her quiet light shine throughout the day.  She handled the day with grace and an easy-going spirit.  Good thing as there were several hiccups throughout the day.  The rain threatened all day, but in the end it only rained for a few minutes when we started pictures and then as soon as the outdoor ceremony was over and the guests were able to run for cover.  You couldn't have asked for better timing.  She also patiently waited as it took 25 minutes to bustle her dress!  Most brides would have come unglued, but she just stood still while 5 ladies tried to find the microscopic, clear loops for the bustle.  It was unbelievable!

It was a joy to be a part of their day and hang out with this fun group of family and friends.  My favorite part of the day was learning the connections of the bridesmaids and groomsmen.  They were mostly cousins and family members.  The best man was Nathan's cousin and Amanda's maid of honor was her cousin.  Nathan and his cousin grew up together and lived only a few houses away from each other.  It just reminded me of my kids and their cousins living a few houses away.  I hope that when it comes time for them to get married that they are still close enough to be there for each other.  I loved taking pictures of all of the cousins together on both sides.  It is such joy to see close families that love and support each other so whole-heartedly.  They helped with decorating, making the cake, doing the flowers and all of the other details for the day.  It was a family affair for sure!  Amanda and Nathan, you guys are so lucky to have them behind you!

I am experimenting with a new way of sharing wedding photos called "Pass" so most of the photos from the wedding can be seen HERE.  But for those of you who don't want to shift through 1000 pictures, here are a few highlights.







I just love that they wanted to include the legacy of their parents and grandparents on their wedding day.
Doesn't this last one just scream COLORADO WEDDING?
 For more pictures visit my website or my Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment