Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Evergreen Lake House Wedding: Kyle and Lindsey

This is a big deal for me.  I have always been a little scared of shooting weddings.  They are a lot of pressure.  If you miss "the moment", there are no redos.  And in weddings....there are a lot of "moments".  I have been a second shooter and an assistant on a fair amount of weddings.  I always said I didn't really want to ever do them on my own.

I did two last fall and it was a stretch for me.  Luckily they were both small, intimate, weddings so there wasn't AS much pressure.  However, in the spring a good friend of mine wanted me to do her sister's wedding.  I debated and then decided...it was now or never.  It was time to move forward with my career and embrace the scary and unknown.  So I took the plunge and did my first BIG solo wedding a few weeks ago!  And guess what....I. LOVED. IT!  (Confession: I didn't sleep well for two nights before the big day and the night of-serious jitters).

I loved being able to use my creativity and watch my imagination come to life!  It was so exciting.  The other wonderful part was having an assistant.  Since my husband and I are friends with the bride and groom and their families, they invited him to the wedding.  So I dragged him along as my assistant.  He was amazing!  It is so nice to have someone who knows what you need and just does it.  He knew when to stay by my side and when to give me some space.  He isn't typically a very good photographer (his words, not mine), but I set up my backup camera and set him loose.  I was pleasantly surprised that he captured some amazing photographs!  Now he can no longer avoid taking pictures by saying he isn't good at it.  Probably shouldn't have let the cat out of the bag Chris, now I will use you more often.

The Colorado weather toyed with us a bit, but in the end....it was a magnificent day!



The other benefit to being friends with the bride and groom is being able to let loose a little bit and really have some fun at the reception!  Thanks for having us Kyle and Lindsey.  It was a pleasure to capture your day and hang out with you and your family!




The other benefit to being friends with the bride and groom is being able to let loose a little bit and really have some fun at the reception!  Thanks for having us Kyle and Lindsey.  It was a pleasure to capture your day and hang out with you and your family!

Cheers!


I am looking forward to doing more weddings in the future.  For more information or to see more pictures, visit my Website or Facebook page.

P.S.  I am getting all fancy and added a link to Pinterest on my pictures.  Feel free to pin away (remembering copyright of course) using the P button on the top right corner of the picture.  If you want to make the pictures larger, just click on the middle of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment