Thursday, September 12, 2013

Anniversaries

Today is my Blogaversary!  I started this blog 2 years ago.  I can't believe it has gone by so quickly!  I have really enjoyed sharing my thoughts, business, photography and life with y'all.

Today marks another anniversary.  Not a good one.  6 years ago today, we lost a member of our family.  Chris' dad passed away in a freak accident while in Lake Powell with his best friends.  There are so many things about that day and the days following that I remember with freakish clarity.  I remember where I was when I heard the news.  I remember meeting with the mortuary and saying "I never thought this is what I would be doing today".  I remember having to tell my husband that his dad was dead.  Worst moment of my life.



Time heals.  But not completely.  We still miss him, still wish he could have met his youngest grandchild (he will someday) and we still wonder exactly what happened that day.

But you know what?  It doesn't matter.  We have a hope and a future.  We have a God who works all things together for the good of those who love Him.

We don't have to know why or how.  We just have to trust that God is in control and that He will take care of us.

Happy 6th Anniversary in Heaven John!

No comments:

Post a Comment