Thursday, December 15, 2016

After Shadows Investigators- Littleton Photographer

Mark this down as the most interesting and unusual session I have ever done.
 

This team of investigators are like real life Ghostbusters!  They investigate the paranormal and supernatural realm from a scientific viewpoint. Their goal is to investigate with open hearts but look at the evidence with skeptical minds.  More of science meets spirit but I still like to think of them as Ghostbusters.



They are wanting to ramp up their business and therefore wanted to get their website up to date with professional pictures.



Meet the Team. 


Doug- Psychic (I think he looks like he should be on TV, right??)


Heather- Psychic (It was so interesting to watch her "feel" her way through the cemetery)


Davy- Demonologist (he insisted that he wasn't photogenic, but I seriously beg to differ)


Mieke - Investigator (she had all of the cool equipment)



Diane is their lead and I have been lucky enough to do pictures of her sweet family and their darling little girls.  When she contacted me to do pictures for their team I was excited about the opportunity to do something totally different than my norm.



I have to admit, I am a total scaredy cat when it comes to the paranormal.  My sister, on the other hand, LOVES all things ghosts and loves scary movies.  I probably hate them because she tortured me as a child and LOVED to tell me spooky stories and jump out from around corners to scare me.  When I told her what I was going to do, she asked to tag along.  I always love having her around and she was great about carrying all of my stuff and helping out during the session.  She LOVED it and they even invited her along when they do their next ghost hunt.  She was thrilled!



They wanted to do the session in a cemetery which I was a bit skeptical of.  I tried to do some research of sessions done in cemeteries so I could get some ideas but they were few and far between and most of them were super weird.  SO I went into the session with an open mind and a goal of looking for good lighting and letting the rest fall into place.



I am thrilled with the results.  This team is top notch and I really enjoyed getting to know them.  It was kind of fun wandering through the graves and finding interesting shadows and light.



This is my favorite shot.  This was at the very end as we were all headed back to the cars. I saw the beautiful light coming through the tree and then had them stand in front of it.  Don't you love the long shadows that are cast?



The Littleton Cemetery is home to the remains of the famous Coloradoan, Alfred Packard.  Apparently they had to cement his grave and headstone because people kept digging up the headstone and pranking people by putting it on someone's lawn.  Tacky!!!



We found this freshly dug grave with these beautiful dead flowers.  So sad yet I was drawn to it because it was so beautiful in its own way.



This group recently did some ghost tours at the Melting Pot near Halloween and had some interesting findings.  You can visit their website here to find out more information about them and their findings. And while we didn't see any ghosts (thank goodness for me) they did get a few readings on some of their equipment and they definitely felt some spirits present.  Thanks for a fun and interesting session ASI!



For more pictures visit www.photolilo.com or my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment