Sunday, October 7, 2012

Danika's Sneak Peek

I love this girl.  I still think of her as a girl, even though she is married with her own little girl on the way!  I have had the priviledge of knowing Danika for a LONG time.  I remember leading the singing for VBS when I was in Jr. High and she was in kindergarten or first grade.  I can't believe they let me do that while I was in Jr. High, but willingness and enthusiasm make up for age and wisdom, right?  Anyway, I fell in LOVE with this adorable little girl.  She had (and still does) the cutest dimples and blue/green eyes.  She was a tiny little thing and she captured my heart.

Fast forward a few years to when she was in Jr. High and I was a leader in the youth group.  I immediately gobbled her up to be in my small group and I mentored her and a few of her friends during jr. high.  I loved spending time with them.  They were such a great group of girls.  I hope they had as much fun as I did!

Ready for 2 more coincidences?  Her brother is one of my husband's best friends, so we get to see each other a few times a year at weddings and baby showers!  And then......when she was in high school, she attended the school where I taught Jr. High (it was a 7-12) and it was always fun to catch a glimpse of Danika (and her friends) and for her to give me that beautiful smile.  We have been following each other around, and I am so thankful for that!

It has been such a wonderful pleasure to get to see this cute little girl turn into a beautiful young lady and now, to a mother!

We met the other day in Golden for a maternity session!  I am so glad that she wanted to have these done.  She and her hubby (Brandon-also a stud) are so cute and obviously still head over heels for each other.  I love that!  They are a little nervous for this new chapter in their lives (who isn't!), but they are ready to embrace this baby with love and joy!  What a lucky little girl!

I can't wait to meet your new little one!  And in a few more weeks, you all will get to meet her too (I can't wait for our newborn session)!













I'll be praying for a safe delivery for you Danika!  Thanks for letting me be a part of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment