Friday, July 7, 2017

Maddie- Red Rocks Graduation Pictures

I can totally relate to this girl.  Many of the Denver area schools have the privilege of having their graduation ceremonies at the iconic Red Rocks Amphitheater.  When I graduated... a few years ago....we were the first class from Bear Creek High School to miss Red Rocks graduation in over 70 years.  It rained so hard that year that the parking lot flooded and they couldn't hold graduation there.  I was so sad.  Not only that, they had to push graduation back by 5 hours and we had to graduate at the Coliseum RIGHT after the circus moved out of it.  Which means that it still smelled like the circus in there.  And because it was 5 hours late, I had to miss my own graduation party.  Not that I am still bitter about this years later....



Back to Maddie.  It also rained a TON the week leading up to graduation this year and most of the graduations had to be rescheduled.  So this beauty didn't get her Red Rocks photos.  When she mentioned that she wished she had some photos of her in her cap and gown at Red Rocks, I jumped at the chance to document this monumental moment for her.




I also have to brag on this beautiful young lady for a second.  She is amazing.  She was captain of the cheerleaders at school, is hugely active in her church and youth group, sings and plays keyboard and got great grades.  Because of all of these accomplishments she was rewarded with the Daniel's Scholarship.  This is a HUGE accomplishment and pays for ALL of her college.  Congratulations Maddie!  You deserve it.





She has decided to attend Colorado Christian University in the fall (which is my Alma Mater).  Go Cougars!!  




It was such a blast to do graduation photos.  Usually senior pictures are done before your senior year so I don't get to do photos with their cap and gown.  Pair that with the fact that you can do pictures on the stage at Red Rocks....makes for some fun pictures!





Red Rocks is such a beautiful and iconic location.  We are so lucky to have it just a few miles from our house!




I love this girl and her family.  Her mom is one of my best friends and she is just as amazing as her mama and she is going to do amazing things.  




Good luck in college Maddie!!
For more photos follow me on Instagram, Facebook or visit www.photolilo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment