Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Just a question.  Why is the song "A few of my favorite things" always played at Christmas time?  Sorry.  Just thought of that as I wrote the title.  I realize that it has been awhile since I have done a regular post.  Things have been a little crazy around here with Halloween, Chris' birthday and me working three jobs.  But this week things have been a little less crazy.  Until I think about all of the things I still have to do and that I am subbing both Thursday and Friday.  Oh well.....don't get ahead of yourself, right?

So, now for my favorite things.  I wanted to document my favorite Fall decoration.  It was given to me a few years ago for Christmas by my best girl and sister, Julie.  We have a fall party every year and she thought this would make a nice addition to my fall decor.  I think it is awesome!






I am sure she will make one for you, for a small fee of course.

Here is another one she made for little J.J. after he was born.  It hangs proudly in his room.





She even came over and stole the wall paint so she could paint the puzzle pieces so they would match exactly.  So cute right?  This is a favorite gift for a baby shower (I have done it in the past too.  Big hit and pretty easy).

My favorite year round decor?  This one.





Fits will all seasons, holidays, everything.  Best purchase at a craft fair...ever!  Wish I would have bought 10 so I could give them away as gifts.

Here is another of my newest favorite things.  I used to covet one of these.  One of my best friends had a purse like this and every time I saw it, I fell more in love.  Finally this summer, I got the meet the aunt that made it for her.  Now I have the pattern and I made one for myself that I LOVE!!!!!





Here is another one that I made that has yet to find a home.  Anyone want dibs on it?  The price would be about $50. 





Here are two more that are going to be made soon.  One is slated for a family member, the other for a friend.  You like?  I love!









I am willing to take orders if anyone wants one for themselves or for a friend.  They are time consuming and do take a considerable about of fabric, so they aren't cheap.  Sorry!  Let me know if you want one and we can work something out.  I also make mini ones.  I made a super cute one for a one year old birthday gift, but in the craziness of getting it done in time for the party, I didn't take a picture.  If you are interested in the little ones, they are only $30.  I will put up some pictures of some cute mini ones that my sister has made recently.  I can also embroider them with your name or initials.  (end of advertisement).

I love the fall.  It makes me want to craft and sew and drink hot cider.  Looking forward to a few more fall days before the snow starts falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment