Friday, September 23, 2011

Rants and Randomness

What is the treat that you obsess over?   For me, it is Coca-Cola.  I LOVE Coke!  I exercise so that I don't have to feel guilty about drinking it.  I plan my day around when I am having my coke.  And relish the day when my coke is from the fountain.  It is the only way to go.  I will forgo Starbucks for coke.  I know....it is serious.  The best place to get Coke:  McDonalds.  Not only is it cheap (I will be so sad when they get rid of the $1 any size drink), but did you know that McDonalds imports their ice from Coca-Cola so that they are chemically a perfect match thus tastes most authentic.  So next time you stop by McDonalds for an icy cold Coke, raise your glass to me.  Or better yet, buy and extra one and bring it to my house!  I will love you forever.  It is the way to my heart (along with my sister's famous chocolate chip cookies).   But beware, if you get between me and my Coke....there will be issues.  Makai spilled my full coke on the garage floor the other day while sweetly putting away the trash can.  I yelled.  I had to apologize later and tell him what a great boy he was for doing something I didn't even ask him to do...even if he spilled my coke.  I just had to run downstairs to my stash and get a new one.  No harm done!  I might have a problem.  Do you remember Joey from Friends.  "Joey doesn't share food".  Well "Lisa doesn't share Coke".  Now that my kids have caught the Coca Cola fever, I will occasionally let them have a sip and that, my friends, is progress.

 Seriously, is your mouth watering?  Mine is.

Do you remember when Taco Bell used to have Dr. Pepper on tap?  That was the best Dr. Pepper ever!  It was a sad day when they stopped serving Dr. Pepper.  Do I sound obsessed about soft drinks?  I am.  I guess there are worse things to be obsessed over, right?

My favorite food: potatoes.  They are my all time favorite single food (not favorite meal) and if I was on a deserted island and could only have one food, it would be potatoes. Think about all of the different ways you can make potatoes; Mashed potatoes, french fries, potato cakes, mashed potatoes, cream potatoes, baked potato soup, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, potato chips, cheesy potatoes, boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes, tots, need I go on.  Sorry, didn't mean to go all Forrest Gump on you, but I love potatoes.


We have a friend that says that her love language is food.  It could be true of me too.  I love to minister to people with food.  I love to cook food (most of the time).  I love bringing meals to the families with new babies (mostly because I get to hold little babies).  I love to eat food.  I love food.  So really it is amazing that I don't weigh over 200 pounds.  This is also the reason I will never be a size 8 again.  It is not worth it to me.  I would much rather be a size 10 and be able to drink Coke and eat yummy food (in moderate portions) than to obsess over exercise and eating healthy.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't eat like crap (most of the time) and I try to make healthy choices for my family, but what is wrong with a few pretzel m&ms (a topic for another blog) here and there?




One more rant.  Clothing/shoes for boys.  Seriously!  I think I should open up a shop that specializes in cute clothes for boys.  I am really tired of boring clothes with random numbers and sports teams on them.  #33 Tigers.  Who are the tigers?  What school does it represent?  Was 33 their star player?  The year they were started?  The favorite number of the person who designed the shirt?  It is so hard to find cute, DURABLE clothes for boys.  Where is the "Justice" for boys?  Have you been in Justice for girls?  They have a table of cute mix and match underwear for girls.  Like Victoria Secret for girls.  What if my clothing store had a big table of boxer briefs in cool camo, plaid, striped colors.  $10 for 5 pair or something?  Would you shop there?  I would carry all sorts of cool colored converse shoes and brown shoes that are cute for church or school.  Not the same pair of ugly brown shoes that Target has carried for 8 years in a row.  What about dress clothes?  I could have a section in the back that had cool bowties and neckties in all sorts of colors or patterns to match the other members of the family on a holiday.  Am I the only one who likes a matching family on Christmas eve at church (I only have a few short years until the boys override me)?  Do you know how hard it is to find cute dress up clothes that aren't lame.  And by lame I mean the same polyester, elastic waist-ed pants, with a sort of matching nasty cotton button down shirt (that shrinks upon first washing) and a gross patterned (usually pastel) sweater vest all for the low cost of $40.  Maybe if Tony Hawk designed dress clothes.  His clothes at Kohl's are AWESOME!  If you are looking for a new business plan, I am the girl for you.  I love to come up with new ideas, but don't have time to follow through.  I think you ought to start a BOYS ONLY clothing store.  I would be in there ALL. THE. TIME. 

Lame.

This mom of three boys is tired of shopping at stores where they have mountains of super cute (and cheap) girl clothes and three racks of boys clothes that look just like the ones from last year (and cost a fortune and are never on sale because they sell so fast because that is all they have).  As far as the shoes.....isles and isles of cute girly shoes with glitter and sparkle and ONE isle of shoes that NEVER change.

Rant End.

So Happy Friday to you all.  May your shopping be plentiful and have no team names or numbers on them (or cartoon characters).

No comments:

Post a Comment