Saturday, January 7, 2017

The Cull Family- Denver RiNo Photography

I can't believe that 2016 is over.  It was a great year for me and for LiLo Photography and I can't think of a better session to end 2016 than with this fun family!



Clare is a good friend of one of my good friends.  I love making connections with new people, especially when we have friends in common.  Feels like when we meet we are already friends!  Clare wanted to have a little bit of color in the photos.  Color can be hard to come by in the middle of winter in Colorado.  Either it is white with snow, or brown with dead-looking plants and trees.  So Clare suggested we head downtown and hit the up-and-coming RiNo district.  



This area used to be one of the worst areas in down town with lots of crime and shady areas.  However, the neighborhood is changing and has become an area filled with art, color and sophistication.  I enjoyed walking the streets and finding fun, colorful murals wherever I looked.




Clare and Jim's kids are almost exactly the same ages as my boys so it was easy to relate to them and I enjoyed trying to get them to come out of their shells and capture their unique personalities.





Don't you love all of this color?



The kids enjoyed exploring and they loved finding colors or murals that they liked.  It makes for such an easy session when the kids are invested and when they get to choose the spots for pictures.  Let the kids guide the session and it will make everything easier!




I think this one is my favorite.  Girl picture!



I love the candid, not-perfectly-posed pictures.  It is when the true personality of the kid and/or family comes out.



After the "formal" pictures, we stopped by the car and the girls got their pogo sticks and Peter grabbed his scooter.  I think these pictures are my favorite.  I love the earmuffs, gloves and the playful nature of the pictures.  It perfectly compliments the bright artwork in the back and the kids were totally in their element.










Clare has THE BEST British accent in the world and her son's name is Peter....I felt like I was listening to Moira from the amazing classic movie "Hook".  I LOVE that movie and my kids watched it recently and they have become enamored with it as well.  If you need a good ol' family movie to watch on your next pizza night at home, I highly recommend it.  The food fight scene is the BEST!



Anywho...Clare and Jim, it was lovely to meet you and your fun little family.  I enjoyed every minute of it.  The kids were amazing and so well behaved and I love the way these turned out.




Bring on 2017! 



For more pictures visit www.photolilo.com or my Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment