Friday, January 18, 2013

Back in the Saddle

I'm baaaaaack!  I took a month off and it has been wonderful.  Of course, I squeezed Christmas and a 10 day vacation in during that month off, so it didn't really feel like a month off.  However, I am finally feeling like I am getting caught up on things and starting to WANT to do work related things instead of feeling bogged down from them.  Isn't that a nice feeling?  I feel like my house is (somewhat) under control and mostly clean (as clean as it can be with 3 little people undermining my efforts), my life is going at a decent pace (instead of so incredibly fast that I can't even keep up) and I have even had some time to do some tasks that I haven't done in a LONG time!  I even went through all of my old magazines and files from old magazines and either pinned them on Pinterest, threw them away, or kept a select few for a SMALL file of ideas (mostly decorating ideas for the house).

We left for vacation on the 28th so Christmas felt rushed and hectic, especially since the kids did not know we were leaving (Not doing that again.  Do you know how hard it is to pack for a 10 day road trip without little eyes figuring out what you are doing.  Almost impossible.  Had to tell them we were going to the cabin for a few days so they at least didn't wonder why I had bags out to pack.)  But we got all of the Christmas stuff down and put away, tree taken to the recycling (it had a terrible smell by the end) and most of the gifts put away in their new spots.  Whew!

While we were on vacation, we celebrated slept through New Year's.  we had spent the day at LEGOLAND and watched the fireworks there (they rang in the "new year" at 6:00) and then had dinner (which Jameson fell asleep during).  By the time we got back to the hotel (at 8) everyone was tired and promptly went to sleep.  I was flipping channels and missed Eastern New Year's celebration, so I headed to bed too (By the way, who is with me that New Year's is one of the most disappointing holidays with way too much hype?).  Therefore, it didn't really feel like New Year's.  New Year's day was spent at the beach and driving to Anaheim (the poor boys didn't get to watch any football- but it was kind of nice to have a husband for a change on New Year's day).

My birthday was on the 5th and we spent the day at Universal Studios and then drove to Vegas for the night so we wouldn't have to drive straight through on the way home (did that on the way there and thought I was going to die after 18 straight hours in the car).  Vegas on your birthday?  Heck yeah......except it was at the end of 8 exhausting days on the road so we got to the hotel and went straight to bed.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, but it didn't really feel like a birthday!

That being said, I felt like I missed the holiday season this year and therefore I am just getting around to setting my goals (not resolutions) for the year.  This last week has been a blessed one with time spent catching up and hanging out with my little guy (who has been ignored a lot this last fall/winter with me working so much).  I feel like myself again, instead of a cranky, overtired, stressed woman just trying to keep it together.  I had almost forgotten what it felt like to be "normal".

New Year's Eve 2012-2013

Stayed tuned for more blogs on our trip and holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment