Thursday, February 28, 2013

Totally Redeemed Myself

Any Dumb and Dumber fans out there?  You know the scene after Lloyd drives 400 miles in the wrong direction and he and Harry have a big fight and Harry goes stomping off.  Then in the next scene Lloyd comes driving up on a motorcycle.  Harry says "Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber.....you go and do something like this......AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF".  That is how I felt today.

So, by now you should know that I am not a pack rat.  I hate to have things lying around, so I tend to throw things away.  Most of the time, the kids don't even notice if I throw away a certain McDonald's toy or school paper (as long as they don't see it in the trash can.  Parenting 101: NEVER LEAVE ANYTHING OF YOUR CHILD'S VISIBLE WHEN YOU THROW IT AWAY.  Bury it deep within the trash can where no little eyes can spy it.).  However, occasionally there is something that I have thrown away that is remembered a few months later.  The kids have learned where their missing toys go.

Today, Tanner and Jameson started playing superhero dress up (I love that boys play dress up too).  They went on the hunt for their paper masks that they got at a birthday party last July.  Sorry guys.....paper masks that are over 6 months old don't last at the Lord house.  They were thrown away long ago.  I told them to look in the toy box on the odd chance that they "made the cut", but to no avail.  They whined....."mom, did you throw them away?".  Got caught red handed.  Pretty sure I threw them away before Christmas when I was trying to make room for new Christmas toys that would need a new home.

Uh Oh.  Now what was I going to do.  I suggested that they make new ones.  Nope, not going to work.  Then I suggested that I could help them.  They immediately jumped on board that idea, because they know when mom gets involved they are off the hook.  So, I did what any good mother would do.  I asked myself "how can I make these masks quickly and easily?".  Yep, I Googled it.  And the first hit was "printable super hero masks".  Jackpot!

So here is the link for the Captain America mask, and here is the one for Iron Man.  These were super easy and quick and they are AWESOME (even kind of 3D)!  Some tape, scissors and 15 minutes and Viola!  Totally Redeemed!



I love being a stay at home mom and being able to do fun things like this with my kids.  Of course, I will be throwing them away as soon as they have outlived their usefulness!  But, now I know where I can make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment